This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Nobody goes there anymore, too crowded


Today I found out that there were some misguided efforts by those friendly with me during my college years to get me to join the scourge that is myspace.com. Well, sorry, but I won't be found in that hangout, even if it means I'm the last holdout. Never one to be where the cool kids were in my past, I can't understand changing my ways now. If they are industrious, they might find this blog, my tiny cupboard of desperation where I tick down the hours until my light is snuffed.
But let me be clear about why I have chosen not to have my own space. My list of friends is small, my list of hobbies is small and my list of accomplishments is small. Myspace will not change this reality. Instead, it will only make it more clear to people who once knew me and suspected as much.
I live in an undisclosed location in the desert where I have a job that pays the bills, assuming the bills are small. And I live a blogger's life, which is one of quietude and isolation, not a myspacer's life, which is one of e-mailing photos taken on cell phone cameras and chatting. I aim not to impugn either - though you may sense a slight bias - just show the difference and explain my decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home