This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

L-I-V-I-N

Just wanted to holla (it's actually spelled holler, but that sounds vaguely of Deliverance) at my faithful readership to let them know what I've been doing.

Aug 14: Work, read, sulk
Aug 15: Went to the San Diego Zoo. Best exhibit: the giraffes. One of the giraffes was 18 feet tall. I watched as it relieved itself from about 10 feet in the air. Excellent. Went to the Seaport Village and had a bangin' calzone. Then went to the Embarcadero on the San Diego Bay and saw a triple bill of Mates of State, Spoon and Death Cab for Cutie. All were excellent. However, judging by the ENORMOUS crowd that decided to show up for Death Cab, the city of San Diego may be the pansiest, most emo metropolitan area in North America. As Kat and I were returning on a shuttle bus to where we parked, two dudes who thought the show "totally rocked" proved to be some of the emo-est in the crowd. Also, they weren't very bright, since the shuttle bus was going in the opposite direction from where their car was parked. "But we just thought, hey, it's a free shuttle bus, let's see where it goes." I wish that weren't an exact quote, but it is.
Aug. 16: Work, sulk, watch Project Runway.
Aug. 17: Work, study, sulk.
Aug. 18: Work, read a book at Barnes and Noble that I have been working on for a month because I won't buy it, play basketball (Newsflash: I cannot shoot to save my f---ing life!), watch U.S. put a collective "ehh" on Puerto Rico in the opening game of the World Championships. I think they'll be OK, but it was not a confidence-building performance. My current quandary is whether to tape Sunday's game - it starts at 3:30 a.m. here - or just wake up and watch it. As Kat would say, "Yes, I have issues."
One last thing, if you want to read a blog that takes James Joycean stream-of-consciousness writing to an entirely new level by focusing only on cute shoes and poodles, you must read Kat Fancy, Kat's blog at yumasun.com. It is excellent, and it has some zoo photos! Here's the link.
That's the all the news from here at Lake Hotashell. Dust.

1 Comments:

Blogger keith said...

You need to tell Kat to get The Sun to split off the RSS feeds for all the different editor blogs. As it is I have to subscribe to the index of all the Sun editor's blogs in order to keep up to date on hers. Lame!

I really like the name of her blog though. I'll post some pictures of our new dog on wrayblog for her.

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home