This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Light, fluffy, delicious

My faithful reader(s) want more blog, so who am I not to give the people(s) what they want?
Quick hitters:
It's hot here.
I went to Phoenix yesterday, hit up a guitar store and also saw Little Miss Sunshine at one of Phoenix's eleventy gazillion Harkins movie theaters. The movie is very funny, very poignant and at times very uncomfortable. I give it two unopposable thumbs up. I did not buy a guitar but enjoyed looking at them.
The U.S. looked good in beating Australia. It's only going to get tougher, but they seem to be playing well. Their performance far outpaces the announcing team tossed at us by ESPN. In addition to, you know, not bothering to go to Japan where the games are played, the announcers have seemed borderline incoherent.
I think Germany should be tough, but they really are a one-man show. To even things up, I think the U.S. should give Kirk Hinrich and Brad Miller to Germany, however, for the game they will be known as Kurk Heinreich and Brad Muller. (I wanted to put an umlaut over the "u" ((special double parentheses edition: not to be confused with "The U," which according to Michael Irvin constantly reminding us, is quite a football school!)) in Muller, but I can't figure out how to do it with my keyboard. So for the sake of this rather long, elaborate and nearly incomprehensible "joke" (((extra-special triple parentheses!!! edition: not to be confused with the "nearly incomprehensible joke" known as J.D. Gautreaux))), please place two small dots - in your mind only, not on the screen, you ninny! - over the second letter in Muller).
I did some domestic chores today, and I really don't like weed wacking. I spend 75 percent of my time trying to replace the line, 20 percent praying that the line won't fly out and 5 percent actually doing any edging on the lawn.
Bonus other-blog-mention note: Despite a comment made to his blog, the brains behind Wray Blog has not told me what kind of a dog he is the new owner of -- scratch that, of which he is the new owner. The Yumanity and dog lovers worldwide wait with baited breath to know to which genus Athena belongs.
I'm playing in a basketball tournament this weekend, so I'm in focused preparation. This entails wishing I had more time to practice my jump shot and instead using my time to come up with witty banter to fire at fellow players and referees after another of my patented "off the backboard and totally miss the rim" shots. I hope I can get it together in time to not tarnish my legacy. Sarcasm, ummm, yes please.
That's all. Enjoy our Billy Idol tribute band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home