This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Friday, October 27, 2006

The wiring is faulty

Greetings all.
Just a quick check to let you know where my head is at. And I don't just mean on top of my shoulders.
What I'm Listening To: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins "Rabbit Fur Coat." I especially enjoy "Rise Up With Fists."
What I'm Reading: "The Hot Kid" by Elmore Leonard. It's like any other Elmore Leonard book, such as Get Shorty or Be Cool, but its set in the days of cowboys, outlaws and the Klan. Kat and I found it in the bargain bin, so the copy we purchased is the large print for people with hideously poor eyesight. Needless to say, it's a real page-turner as a result.
Humorous sidebar: This evening I was getting into a friend's car, and though it is a sedan, for some reason I thought it was a coupe. As a result, my attempts to get into the backseat from the front seat were wildly unsuccessful. This is merely to teach America's youth about the dangers of paying so little attention.
What I'm Excited About: The upcoming NBA season, of course.
What I'm Going to be for Halloween: I've decided to be David Brent from The Office, although the costume isn't much more than a suit. It's all about the acting job - being arrogant, confused and making ridiculous statements.
What I'd like to get more of: Sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home