This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Monday, October 09, 2006

And now the news

Have you ever had something you had to do, but could not, despite well-intentioned efforts, actually do it? You haven't? Excellent, you should feel great that you're not in the place I am. The "boss" wants the "big important project" by the start of November and for whatever reason I can't seem to put it together. I don't know if I'm putting too much pressure on myself or too little, but something is not working. All keep you posted on my progress - if there is any.
Interested in some bulleted items? I thought so.
  • I bought a new shirt at Dillard's on Sunday. I'm not a regular department store shopper, but when they practically give away a nice white shirt by Nautica with crisp vertical mint-colored stripes for $7.99, well, you don't have to send me an invitation embossed with gold flakes.
  • I also bought some new Puma shoes that seem pretty fun.
  • Kat has mined this territory a bit, but she, Eric and I watched the entire first season of Weeds on DVD in one sitting on Saturday night. It was kind of sedentary and pathetic, but we did enjoy the show. It's good, not great. But after seeing it, I feel that it should be renamed Desperate Housewives (pot dealing = actual desperation) and ABC's show should be renamed Housewives. That would make things more clear. Also, Kevin Nealon, funny guy, good actor, not a very good DVD commentary maker. I think he was just watching the episode and forgetting to say anything. Or he was getting high while watching a dramatization of himself getting high. Maybe.
  • Nice to see the 49ers come out on top in the Toilet Bowl on Sunday against the Raiders. I urge you, right now, to go to this link and tell me which game this season the Raiders are actually going to win. They have the Cardinals and Texans at home, but I don't know if they can win either. I think 0-16 is a clear and present danger.
  • I don't have much to say about the Yankees except good riddance.
  • I finished Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis. I'm not sure what I'll read next, but I'm sure I'll tell you about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home