This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Don't call it a comeback
















Sorry I haven't talked at you in so long, but I have been crazy swamped with the work, the travel, the laundry, the pets, etc.
Quick hitters because there is so much to cover:
The Suns...um...not so good this year. It's early, but they don't seem to have any ability to close out games whatsoever. I don't think it's a good sign if within the first 10 games of the season Nash is being forced to stand up the entire time on airplane flights. Stoudemire does look good offensively, but his rehab didn't improve his defense.
Despite their difficulties, I'm excited about this book, which judging from early reviews is an amazing look behind the scenes of the Suns operation. This review at True Hoop has whetted my appetite, so I'll be picking it up soon.
Tonight Joe Namath tells America what it's like to be a drunk and ask to kiss Suzy Kolber. I've asked her as well, but for some reason, 60 Minutes isn't interested in putting me on the show.
This Colts-Cowboys game has been pretty good. Dungy definitely should have challenged that call on the interception return for a touchdown. I have no idea why he didn't. Well, it's over. Bottoms up 1972 Dolphins.
I'm using new blogger beta for this post. Can you notice? Do you care?
I'm predicting that next season the NBA will return to the old leather ball. If they don't, they should. Too many shots like this (scroll down to Nets v. Wizards highlights, you'll know which shot by watching) have gone in. Obviously, shooting percentages will rise if the ball is so soft that shots fired with even a modicum of touch will go in. Also, the ball sticks on the glass better, so I think bank shots are easier to make. The only player I've heard of who likes the new ball is Tony Parker: a Frenchman with small hands. The NBA shouldn't be making changes that are embraced by French point guards. They should be embraced by guys like Shaq, Duncan, Nash and His Quirkiness.
Where have I been? The wilds of northeastern Colorado, that's where. Here's another photo showing my trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home