This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What's he doing these days?

That's a good question. So here are some answers.
Has he won any plaques recently? Funny you should ask because the answer is yes. I was recently chosen as one of the five "all tourney" players from a basketball tournament. The team I was on also won the tournament, which was very exciting.
We had easily won our way into the championship round of the double elimination tournament but at that point we ran into a team that had added players or constantly increasing size throughout the tournament. They were like Russian dolls. It was alarming.
We lost a nailbiter in the first championship game for our first loss, but then we faced the problem that our 6-man team had to somehow beat their 12-man team one hour later. I didn't know if we could do it, but we did. The victory was quite satisfying, and I received a hooded (a "hoodie" in the hood) sweatshirt in addition to the plaque. It was a nice way to spend a weekend.
Has he been reading a book? Of course. I'm reading Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach. I enjoyed her previous book Stiff about human cadavers. This one is good, too, although I prefer dead bodies to ethereal ones.
Has he been watching stupidly funny movies? Yes. Beerfest was on the agenda last night. It has its moments, but I don't think it's as good as Super Troopers.
Has he been listening to music Keith gave him again? Yes. I'm still enjoying Tapes 'n Tapes. It is excellent.
Has he had some other big things happen? Yes. But he doesn't want to give that information away for free when he still has a chance of getting a book deal. I mean, they're giving those things away to just about anyone these days.
Has he noticed a certain professional basketball team has won 12 games in a row? Yes, he has. But he is exerting incredible self-control and not writing thousands of words about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home