This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

What is FreeDarko?

This is the answer:

Agent Zero, ignoring what the coach has to say in a timeout, runs onto the floor during the All-Star Game to join a line of Elvis impersonators dunking basketballs off of trampolines and executes a perfect between-the-legs slam before returning to the bench. This is not supposed to make sense. I'm sure the Youtube clip of this will be up in no time, so you can revel in your own slice of Gilbertology.

Of course, when considering what is FD, there's always this as first explained here on the third to last comment, although the link is now broken. Speaking of Young Thunder, he was horribly treated by the esteemed dunk contest panel. The "sticker dunk" was one of the better slams, both physicall and creatively, I've ever seen.

Not much new here. I received my film noir allowance for the month with Double Indemnity. Also watched Disc 1 of Spike Lee's When the Levees Broke. To call it sad doesn't even begin to explain it.

I have the day off for President's Day, although I am far from a president. But it will be nice to have a day off. Kat has to work, so I don't know what I'll do. Maybe sit at home and think about insects or birds or whales.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home