This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Feel free to ignore this


Let's go.



While it was only a January game between a middling Eastern Conference team and a certain professional basketball team, I thought the Magic/Suns matchup definitely had some FreeDarko capabilities, especially since Darko himself, pictured above, was involved.



Not to mention, Steve Nash, pictured here, as well as Stoudemire and Young Thunder. However, the Suns never got out and really ran like they are known for. When you buy a Suns ticket, you expect lots of crazy running and jumping, but this game, even though won by the Suns, was more like an East Coast grind-it-out battle that seemed conspicuously not FreeDarko. It was a lot of fun, but I think I enjoy the game most when watching on television, preferably with the sound on mute.


The entertainment distracted from the game for me. I just wanted to watch and listen to what was going on, but there was constantly music blaring, even as play was going. I didn't think they piped in music during the action, but I was wrong. Also, some of the "fans" can be a bit annoying. Since this is Phoenix, there are no celebrities at the games, unless you count the occasional John McCain sighting (I don't know if my few readers bother clicking the links, but the article at that McCain link is pretty excellent). But those involved in the halftime entertainment included Danity Kane, actor (I guess) Terry Crews and the king of mid-1990s MTV Rock 'n Jock sports himself, Bill Bellamy.
Despite what I didn't like, I had a good time. Watching Nash play, even in a game when he wasn't spectacular, was great. Boris Diaw was only one rebound short of a triple double and seemed to be the difference. Orlando had no answer for his quickness and passing ability.


It was fun to see an NBA game. Kat liked it more than watching baseball, which I guess is a good thing since I like basketball more than baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home