This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pleased as punch


I have been occasionally getting good news lately from the boss down at the plant, but recently I received the best news yet. It seems that transfer to the Ball Bearings Division has gone through with a salary increase and that will be where I'll be setting up shop sometime in the 07. I have to thank my fellow employees and the management at Trentino Manufacturing for their support. It has been a long wait to find out where I'll be heading, but it feels great to know that things have worked out. I still have some transfer applications pending at other sections of the plant (wheel greasing, unit housing, custodial), but I feel comfortable making my choice now.
I've gotten everything I had hoped for, so my task now is to work hard down at BBD (Ball Bearings Division, in case you've already forgotten) and not mess up this great opportunity. I hope your new year is as happy as mine.

Note: The photo above was printed onto a CD by Kat and Eric. They then sent this CD of doo wop music to their father as a Christmas gift. Rather hilariously, their mom was afraid they had made a CD of hip hop music and called because she was concerned that is what they were sending. That wasn't the case, although we decided that sending Mr. Krouse a CD of mixes from The Game, Nas and Chamillionaire would be pretty funny - just not a very good gift.

1 Comments:

Blogger keith said...

Just wanted to write down my congratulations for posterity. You can't say I never congratulated you on your success and your engagement. Also, I noticed your comments were looking a little bare. I always enjoy when you comment on my posts.

I'm entertaining the idea that your Christmas/Birthday/Matriculation/Wedding present from Shaleah and I might be in the form of cash to use for tuition if your scholarship does not cover everything or for miscellaneous expenses. Let me know what you think.

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home