This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Joga Bonito

I know this is about basketball, but for anyone who cares to watch the a certain professional basketball team absolutely destroy Agent Zero and his band of defense-less minions, I have the VHS tape for your enjoyment. Suns 127 Wizards 105.
Nash was immaculate. You cannot play point guard much better. Check the stat sheet: 27 points, 11-13 from the field, 3-4 from 3-point land, 14 assists. The whole Wizards team only had 14 assists. And Nash did all that despite breaking the team's superstition that they wouldn't shave until they lost in the winning streak that now stands at 13.
The basketball by the Suns was quite beautiful. I'm sure there will be discussion at FreeDarko and people will say this game wasn't as exciting as Washington's OT win in Phoenix when Arenas dropped 54, but this was simply the most crisp, well spaced, effective brand of basketball you will see.
While I constantly write about the Suns, I'm not one to jock them or hold up the foam finger. But I know I have seen few games that were as aesthetically pleasing as this one. The play simply reached another level that I don't think any other teams in the NBA can reach. That doesn't mean the Suns are the best team, it just means when they're rolling, they're the best to watch.
And I have the VHS to prove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home