This blog is about three things I care about: books, basketball and the search for a third thing.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Check under the hood

I'm apparently not meant to play basketball in Mexico. My game absolutely does not translate south of the border, and I have no plans to try it again in the future. I do plan to continue playing in the United States.
I watched the Colts-Patriots game tonight on my trusty VHS system. I watch so many sporting events on tape that I'm losing the patience for actual live sports. I keep trying to fast forward games I'm watching as they are happening.
I've noticed Keith puts labels on his posts. I haven't done so, and don't know whether I should start because I haven't in the past. Maybe I'll do a pilot project with this post and see what the reading audience thinks. Feel free to leave comments on the labels, or not, you know, whatever.
Gaucast #3 was a success. I think in no time people will be clamoring for less.
I finished watching the first season of Extras. It was spectaculatastic all the way through. Highly recommended.
I'm reading America On Trial by Alan Dershowitz. It's a look back at important trials that had a profound impact on the nation and more recent trials that captured people's imaginations, including the trial of "If I Did It" himself, which Dershowitz had firsthand knowledge of. The book is excellent as a historical reference, but I was looking for a little more actual law discussion. I may get that in my next selection, which is American Law in the 20th Century by Lawrence Friedman. The Friedman book is roughly eleventy zillion pages long and weighs 82 pounds - it comes with its own back brace. My attempt to read it is sort of like maxing out when you start a weightlifting program (not that I know much about that with my sinewy physique). If I can't read it now, it will show me what I have to do to actually prepare to succeed (or at least not be a horrible failure) in the future. I'm actually excited to read both of them but wish I had more time to spend reading.
I've been listening to season two of the Ricky Gervais show podcasts. On iTunes they are listed under audiobooks, not podcasts, as I think I mentioned at some point previously. Still, they are quite humorous. Rockbusters is worth the price in itself.
Sorry that my blog posts are little more than drivel. I would like to offer more but my working life is not something I want to talk about at the moment, so with that off limits I have little more to add. But no need for worry, stiff upper lip, on to battle, here we go now, this too shall pass. I guess what I'm saying is that it will all work out in the end. At least, that's what I'm planning on.
And just to remind you, I am terrible at basketball in Mexico. Horrible, pathetic, Knicks-like. Sad.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home